Vendor Selection for custody, collateral management and securities lending system
We were initially engaged to provide subject matter and industry expertise into systems architecture design and vendor selection for a new custody, collateral and securities operations platform. This included:
- Review of objectives and business requirements, and advice on applicable industry best practice;
- Advice on the market systems vendor landscape, including strengths and weaknesses of potential vendors;
- Support for the preparation of public procurement documentation to ensure that the client’s particular requirements were articulated clearly;
- Assistance with vendor engagement throughout the procurement process;
- Evaluation and scoring of vendors.
We were then subsequently engaged to provide support for the analysis of vendor system and solution architecture options for a new Middle Office system covering:
- Pricing of collateral and other assets;
- Management of instruments, eligibility and haircuts;
- Counterparty onboarding and assessment;
- Master data management.
Our services included:
- A detailed review of the vendor market in order to create an initial list of vendors to invite for participate in the selection;
- Support to create vision, implementation roadmap and procurement approach;
- Review of business requirements and non-functional requirements for inclusion in the RFI/RFP;
- Support for creation of RFI and RFP materials to ensure completeness and industry applicability.